Skillful Complex Divorce & Family Law Attorney
When a divorce involves significant assets, it is important to work with an attorney who has the experience and knowledge to handle complex issues. You want to work with an attorney who understands how to resolve the issues in your divorce and who knows how to divide your assets and debts fairly and accurately.
The law firm of Andrew H. P. Norton represents clients throughout Massachusetts and out-of-state clients in high-asset divorces. From his offices in West Bridgewater, complex divorce lawyer Andrew H. P. Norton represents clients in a wide range of complex divorce-related matters, including:
Complex Property Division
Substantial assets almost always cause extra complications in divorces. Andrew H. P. Norton represents clients with complex property division matters that include:
- Retirement accounts and investments: Retirement accounts can often be difficult to valuate and sometimes may need to be treated separately from other assets in a divorce.
- Uncovering hidden assets: In some cases, one party may attempt to conceal assets from the other. Plymouth County high net worth divorce lawyer Andrew H. P. Norton will make sure that the marital assets in your divorce action are fully uncovered and the value determined. This will clearly help to insure that an equitable divorce settlement for all parties is achieved
- Preparing your net worth: The law firm of Andrew H. P. Norton works with a team of financial and other professionals to make sure that your statement of total net worth is accurate and you obtain the best results possible in your case.
- Spousal support/alimony: As of March 1, 2012, Massachusetts has implemented new laws concerning alimony. The new statute is complicated and requires an attorney who is well versed in its application. Attorney Norton knows the new law inside and out and understands the mechanics of its application. Because of this, attorney Norton is better able to protect your rights and secure the best results possible for you in your particular case.
- College tuition: A common concern in any divorce, and especially in complicated divorces, is making sure the education of the children is adequately funded.
One complicated aspect of divorce representation for business owners and professional practice owners is determining the value of that business. Andrew H. P. Norton represents owners of businesses and professionals in business valuation and professional practice valuation. He protects his clients’ interests with skillful, ethical business and professional practice valuations.
Other Divorce-Related Matters
Andrew H. P. Norton represents clients in prosecuting and defending cases of domestic violence and abuse. He also helps clients after a divorce is finalized. Although most first-time divorcing couples do not consider what happens after a divorce, it is essential to realize that this is just as important as the divorce itself. Attorney Norton represents clients’ cases involving contempt orders and modifications of divorce decrees.