Providing Aggressive & Straightforward Legal Services Since 1989
Family Law, Criminal Defense, & Estate Matters in Bridgewater, MA
Law Firm Serving Clients in Surrounding Southeastern Massachusetts
At the law firm of Attorney Andrew H. P. Norton, our Bridgewater attorney provides multiple legal services to individuals and families in and around the Bridgewater area. We take pride in the fact that our firm has successfully served this area for over 30 years with comprehensive legal representation. We can provide the advice and guidance you need when navigating difficult issues in Massachusetts family law, criminal law, estate planning, and probate matters.
These are issues that can be complex and for which you will be best served with help from a proven professional. At our firm, we take the time to understand the facts and circumstances of your case so that we can develop an effective strategy for resolution. Whether you are facing allegations of a criminal offense, the breakdown of your marriage, or need guidance in a family probate proceeding, we are here to be the reliable and supportive guide you need in navigating these issues.
Hear From Our Clients
I am so glad I had you on my side. I don't know what I would have done without you.Peter M.
I cannot put into words how thankful I am that you handled my divorce case.John D.
It scares me to think of what could have happened if you were not representing me.Don K.
You were a godsend.Steve B.
Thank you so much for everything you did for me and my childrenTim K.
Our Practice Areas
At the law office of Attorney Andrew H. P. Norton, we provide legal help in the following matters:
Our criminal defense practice includes representation in both misdemeanor and felony cases involving both adults and juveniles.
Examples of cases we handle include:
- OWI/DUI. These are serious matters in which you may face jail time, large fines, probation, the loss of your license, and more. Penalties will depend on the facts of your arrest, including whether it is a first or repeat offense.
- Domestic violence. Acts of alleged violence committed against intimate partners, family members, and others in a domestic situation can have severe consequences, including not only criminal penalties but protective orders that can restrict where you live and order you to stay away and avoid any contact with the protected person.
- Assault and battery. These crimes are considered to be violent and thus can be punished with jail or prison terms and other penalties, depending on the nature of the offense and other factors.
These are just a few of the charges we handle. If you are facing some other criminal accusation, we can help you in the criminal process by developing an effective plan to challenge the prosecution.
Family law cases are commonly among the most stressful and emotionally charged because of their very personal nature. These issues can have a dramatic impact on the future relating to your children, your marital estate, and your financial situation moving forward.
Our firm handles all types of family law matters, including but not limited to:
- Divorce. This includes both uncontested and contested cases and the issues surrounding them, such as child support, child custody, complex property division, and alimony.
- Restraining orders. These orders may be sought or contested by individuals facing divorce or family violence.
- Guardianships. We can represent you in proceedings in which you are seeking or contesting the guardianship of an incapacitated adult or a minor.
- Paternity. You may need to establish paternity as an unmarried parent to seek child support or child custody rights. We can guide you through this and the following child-related legal matters.
Estate matters involve the transfer or distribution of your property and assets to your family and beneficiaries. Estate planning has many benefits beyond this, including allowing you to name trusted persons to handle financial affairs when you are unable to, authorizing someone to make medical decisions when you cannot, and more.
Our firm can help you draft and executive valid wills, create various kinds of trusts, and handle other estate planning issues. We also provide representation in probate matters, whether you are an executor, personal representative, family member, or another third party.
Schedule a free initial consultation with our Bridgewater lawyer in family law, criminal defense, estate, and probate matters by contacting Attorney Andrew H. P. Norton.